Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Technology Inventory

I have had a blast at my elementary school. My teacher is great and my students are great! I have had some opportunities to observe my teacher use technology. I noticed that she mostly uses her Mac and her Promethean board. This way the students can all see what she is doing as she is doing it. Her favorite programs include Word and Power Point; she does most of her lessons on these. I found it surprising to see a telephone in the classroom. I think it is a great idea because parents may need to get a hold of their children, and this makes the process easier. Besides that, if an emergency comes up, a phone would be very helpful.

The school is well equipped with computers, and there are two computer labs. My third graders mostly visit the computer lab to work on YPP. YPP is a program with activities that helps them prepare for the end of the year test. I also thought it interesting that students will be doing their end of the year test on computers. It seems like only yesterday I was doing my end of the year test, but I definitely did it on paper with my special number two pencil. Technology has obviously improved and really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment